CamelBak Arête™ 22
The Arête™ 22 is a transformer—it’s a sleek, ultralight pack designed for peak bagging, minimalist adventures and traveling. The Arête is lightweight and reversible, with the ability to transform into a reservoir sleeve that keeps your water supply insulated and secure within a larger pack. When you reach basecamp, just flip the Arête inside out and you’ve got an ultralight pack for day hikes and summit scrambles. The Arête 22 has ample room for hiking essentials like a headlamp, warm layers, food and a trail map. It also features a 2-liter reservoir, an adjustable sternum strap, and a removable stability belt for a close, comfortable fit. We’ve also added zippered compartments on the lid and the side of the pack, so you can keep your gear sorted more easily.
ANTIDOTE™ RESERVOIR FEATURES:
Quick Link™ System, 1/4 turn - easy open/close cap, lightweight fillport, dryer arms, center baffling and low-profile design, patented Big Bite™ Valve, HydroGuard™ technology, PureFlow™ tube, easy-to-clean wide-mouth opening
KEY PACK FEATURES:
Converts to reservoir sleeve, removable waist belt and sternum strap, zippered lid pocket with key clip, secure side stash pocket, removable frame sheet, ultra-light materials, highly compressible
DESIGNED TO CARRY:
Extra layers, rain shell, lunch, headlamp, trail map
- Hydration Capacity: 70 oz / 2 L
- Total Capacity: 20L (1340 cu in) + 2L reservoir
- Total Weight: 1 lb / 0.42 kg (pack only)
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 9 x 8 in / 42 x 22 x 23 cm
- Torso Length: 16.5 in / 42 cm
- Back Panel: N/A
- Harness: Air mesh with removable sternum strap
- Belt: Removable 20 mm / 0.75" stability
- Fabric: 240D box ripstop nylon
We recommend wiping your pack with a damp cloth to remove dirt. If the pack is extremely dirty and needs a deeper cleaning, soak it in cool or warm water with a very mild soap. Rinse the pack thoroughly with cool water. If soap residue remains in the fabric, it may create suds if exposed to water or sweat.
DO NOT wash your pack in a washing machine. Machine washing may damage the pack or affect the integrity of the fabric and fasteners, and will void the Got Your Bak™ Guarantee.
The best way to care for your reservoir is to clean and dry it after every use, especially if you fill the reservoir with anything other than water. However, if a reservoir has not been cleaned after every use, and mold or discoloration develops:
- Use hot water and a CamelBak Cleaning Tablet. (Or use 2 tablespoons of baking soda or bleach instead of CamelBak Cleaning Tab.) Mix the solution inside your reservoir and elevate the reservoir above the tube and Big Bite Valve. Pinch the bite valve, allowing the solution to flow into the drink tube and fill the bite valve.
- Let the reservoir and cleaning solution sit in the reservoir and drink tube for about 30 minutes.
- Wash the reservoir with hot water and mild soap. Be sure to completely rinse away the cleaning solution in the reservoir and drink tube before using again. You can also use CamelBak brushes from our Cleaning Kit to scrub your reservoir and drink tube. Brushes are the best way to ensure you are scrubbing all of the areas of the reservoir clean.
- Once the reservoir is clean, be sure to air dry overnight so no moisture is trapped inside, which can cause mold to grow.
These steps will make your reservoir safe for use. If there are still spots left behind, these are permanent mold stains that may not be removable. However, your reservoir is still safe and usable after you’ve cleaned it.