CAMELBAK FRANCONIA LR 24
Designed for technical, all-day hikes, the Franconia LR is our top-of-the-line lumbar hiking pack, designed for carrying a day’s worth of food, fuel and gear. Here’s the lowdown on lumbar reservoirs: by shifting water weight to your hips, they provide the stability you need, the water you want, and the mobility you didn’t know you lacked. The Franconia is also designed to keep you cool and hydrated on grueling mountain routes. The Air Suspension™ back panel keeps the pack off your back for plenty of ventilation, and the zippered pockets on the waist-belt give you instant access to maps or bars. It’s also easy to drink without taking your eyes off the trail: the new reservoir delivers more water per sip, and the magnetic tube trap lets you snap the tube into place without fumbling.
- The brand new Crux LR reservoir delivers 20% more water per sip while keeping weight positioned low on your back, which translates to better stability in the saddle and on the trail
- Separate reservoir compartment stows your water supply away from your gear
- Reservoir compression cinches water to the small of your back to reduce sloshing as you drink
- Air suspension back panel holds the pack away from your back for maximum ventilation and air flow
- Magnetic Tube Trap™ keeps your tube secure and accessible when you need it
- Ventilated hip belt features cargo pockets to keep essentials within easy reach
- Stretch overflow exterior pockets for quick stash access
- Trekking pole attachment and tool loop let you attach and remove extra gear to exterior of your pack
- Load lifters provide maximum comfort and even load distribution
- Cargo compression cinches your cargo where it counts for a secure and comfortable carry
- COLLECTION: Hiking Low Rider™
- ACTIVITY: Outdoors
- USER: Unisex
- HYDRATION CAPACITY: 3L/100 fl oz
- HYDRATION TYPE: CRUX™ LUMBAR Reservoir with Quicklink™ System
- BPA/BPS/BPF FREE: Yes
- QUICK LINK DISCONNECT: Yes
- GEAR CAPACITY: 21L/1250 cu in
- PACK WEIGHT: 1.2 kg/2 lbs 10 oz
- DIMENSIONS: 53 x 29.5 x 31 cm / 20.9 x 11.6 x 12.2 in
- FITS TORSO: 43-53 cm/17-21 in
- FITS WAIST HIPS: 76-127 cm/30-50 in
- BACK PANEL: Air Suspension™ Back Panel. Uses suspended open mesh to keep the pack off the hiker’s back for maximum ventilation and air flow
- WAIST BELT: Padded Foam with cargo pockets
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Magnetic Tube Trap™
- NUMBER OF EXTERIOR POCKETS: 8
We recommend wiping your pack with a damp cloth to remove dirt. If the pack is extremely dirty and needs a deeper cleaning, soak it in cool or warm water with a very mild soap. Rinse the pack thoroughly with cool water. If soap residue remains in the fabric, it may create suds if exposed to water or sweat.
DO NOT wash your pack in a washing machine. Machine washing may damage the pack or affect the integrity of the fabric and fasteners, and will void the Got Your Bak™ Guarantee.
The best way to care for your reservoir is to clean and dry it after every use, especially if you fill the reservoir with anything other than water. However, if a reservoir has not been cleaned after every use, and mold or discoloration develops:
- Use hot water and a CamelBak Cleaning Tablet. (Or use 2 tablespoons of baking soda or bleach instead of CamelBak Cleaning Tab.) Mix the solution inside your reservoir and elevate the reservoir above the tube and Big Bite Valve. Pinch the bite valve, allowing the solution to flow into the drink tube and fill the bite valve.
- Let the reservoir and cleaning solution sit in the reservoir and drink tube for about 30 minutes.
- Wash the reservoir with hot water and mild soap. Be sure to completely rinse away the cleaning solution in the reservoir and drink tube before using again. You can also use CamelBak brushes from our Cleaning Kit to scrub your reservoir and drink tube. Brushes are the best way to ensure you are scrubbing all of the areas of the reservoir clean.
- Once the reservoir is clean, be sure to air dry overnight so no moisture is trapped inside, which can cause mold to grow.
These steps will make your reservoir safe for use. If there are still spots left behind, these are permanent mold stains that may not be removable. However, your reservoir is still safe and usable after you’ve cleaned it.